Friday, July 02, 2010

Living dangerously with dessert

Emily was shocked. Had I lost my mind?

In truth, I didn't know what I was doing. The boys were never this tricky.

Brinna simply asked if I preferred Blueberry or Banana yoghurt. I figured she wanted to share her desert. I said I couldn't do desert because I was on my fancy new diet -- the eat much less diet.

She became very sad. She said something about never getting dessert again. Emily pointed out I could keep my daughter or my diet.

She let me off easy. I only had to grovel a bit. I could eat dessert, I said, I'd just exercise a bit more.

So I got my dessert, photographed above. Click to see the full sized image. The sign says "The best Dad ever!" and "#1 Dad".

It tasted very good. I'm told it was particularly difficult to cut up the small cookie squares as she had to do it with a plastic knife.

I'm doomed.